Hello BMHA Members,
Firstly, we want to thank you for your understanding of the Hockey Canada & BC Hockey messages regarding the cancellation of all hockey games, practices, tournaments, activities and programs due to the COVID-19 pandemic. While the season had to come to a sudden end, the health & safety of BMHA players, families, team officials, referees and volunteers is the Association’s priority.
Given the importance of the strategic restrictions implemented by the Governments of British Columbia and Canada, including social distancing and self-isolation, we will provide guidance to questions about certain Association activities that would normally place at this time of year . While we may not have all the answers at this time due to the rapidly changing situation with COVID-19, we want to let you know about where things currently are at:
- Jersey & Equipment Returns: Jersey & equipment returns have been placed on hold. Please hang on to your jerseys for the time being, but have them ready to return with minimal notice. In the meantime, ensure any C/A letters have been removed, and that the jerseys have been washed and are on metal hangers for efficient return.
- Annual BMHA Volunteer Appreciation Banquet: Unfortunately, the banquet has been postponed until a later time when it is safe for all of us to celebrate together.
- Volunteer & Player Awards: The Awards Committee would like to thank those who submitted nominations. The Awards Committee is in the process of reviewing the nominations and making selections. They will also be working out details on announcing and notifying the Award winners, plus exploring possible options on how to present the awards to the recipients.
- Graduating Midget Players Ring Ceremony: For those graduating midget players who are eligible for a BMHA Graduation Ring, the rings have been ordered and, similar to the player awards, we will explore options on how to present the rings to recipients.
- BMHA Executive Committee Positions: The positions of President, 2nd Vice-President, and two Director-at-Large positions are to be elected by the members at the next AGM. For further information, please contact Larry Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BMHA AGM & Executive Elections: We are currently reviewing the Societies Act of BC, our bylaws and policies on requirements regarding Annual General Meetings and executive election processes. We will be providing an update to the membership once we have additional information.
- Returning Player Registration: Registration for returning players is scheduled for June, and registration for new players in July and August. However, these dates may be need to be postponed depending on the COVID-19 situation.
- Coaching Application: To help with planning ahead, if you would like to coach for the 2020/21 season, could you please complete the Coaching Application form found here on the website?
We will continue to let you know of any updates, and information will be made available on our website.
We wish you all good health and safety while we work together to get through these challenging times.
Burnaby Minor Hockey Association