REP “A” HOCKEY
For Atom division and older players who want to play at a more advanced level, BMHA’s Rep “A” Hockey is a more competitive league that requires full commitment by both players and their families. Rep teams are formed by evaluating and selecting players in an effort to form a team of the highest quality of players to represent BMHA.
The objectives of Rep “A” Hockey are:
- To provide an environment for elite-level hockey players to develop to their greatest potential
- To develop skills on a physical, social and personal level
- To improve overall physical health, coordination and fitness of players
- For players to learn how to participate in a team environment
- To develop good relationships with parents & coaches and all members of the hockey community
- To prepare young people for everyday life by teaching responsibility, commitment and work ethic
- To learn how to maintain self-discipline in a competitive environment
- To become more self-directed and acquire leadership skills
Rep hockey is a competitive program that is designed with the goal of achieving the highest level of hockey possible. The rep program requires commitment and dedication from both the players and their parents. When you sign-up to try-out for a Rep team, you agree to abide by the Rep "A" Hockey - Player/Family Commitment & Expectation Agreement.
You will be required to bring a signed copy of the last page of the Commitment & Expectation Agreement to your first rep try-out ice time.
For each player who is selected for a Rep team, a rep fee will be required to cover the cost of additional practice and game times, including on ice development and the cost for the team’s coaching. It is important to note the difference between Rep Fees (collected only for Rep teams) and Team Fees (collected for all teams). The amount of Team Fees may differ from team to team depending on what the team wishes to engage in through the season and the costs involved (e.g. tournaments, social events, etc.). Participating on a Rep team will require payment of both the Rep Fee and the Team Fee. Team Fees are generally collected by and managed at the team level. Rep Fees are remitted directly to BMHA and may differ from rep team to rep team.