JUNIOR MENTOR PROGRAM
BMHA has established the Junior Mentor Program, where our players have the opportunity to be mentored as an assistant coach with the goal of developing them into a future coach, and providing BMHA’s older players the opportunity to mentor the younger players.
- Offer on-ice assistance:
- U6 to U13 divisions - help coaches and players on our Bulldogs & Wildcats teams
- Goalies- share your knowledge with younger goaltenders
- Micro-hockey - supervise, and provide basic instruction, to players where they play a free-flowing game of hockey (no scores are kept, no refs and no pressure)
- Develop your leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- Gain valuable volunteer hours for your resume
- Be role model – share your passion for hockey while giving back to BMHA
All successful clinic applicants will be required to:
- Commit to a weekly schedule (1-2 sessions per week), the program will work around players’ schedules
- Log volunteer sessions
- Represent yourself with maturity & responsibility
- Work together with your host coach and the Junior Mentor Coordinator – Jon Tagulao
- Have fun!