RECREATIONAL “C” HOCKEY
BMHA’s Recreational “C” Hockey program, also sometimes referred to as “House” hockey, is played by the majority of our players. Its focus is on three areas - fun, athletic & skill development, and a positive environment.
More specifically, the objectives are to:
- Promote a game to fit the needs of the participants
- Be open to all ages
- Allow players equal ice time
- De-emphasize the importance of winning
- Allow enjoyable participation
- Assist in an individual’s physical development
- Create a social environment
“C”/House Division Evaluation Sessions
Ice times for Recreational “C” Hockey divisions are scheduled to start the week after Labour Day.
These times will be used to assess skills and abilities for preliminary GROUP placement - these are NOT tryouts. It is important that players attend these sessions to help form balanced groups. (For more information, please read “What is Balancing?”).
Groupings and Ice times be posted to TeamSnap as they become available some time in late August.
If you have any questions, please contact your Division Manager - their contact info can be found on the Contact Us page.