BMHA EQUIPMENT DONATION DRIVE – AUG.17&18
We’re happy to have partnered with Kidsport again this year and support their Used Sporting Goods Sale! Many members often ask if Burnaby Minor Hockey Association has a donation equipment program, unfortunately we just don’t have the space to store the gear (as those of you who have ever picked up jerseys can see firsthand). In addition, Canlan 8-Rinks a longtime supporter of BMHA will also help out, and provide us space to gather the equipment.
If you have used hockey equipment taking up space in your garage or basement, this is a great opportunity to free up some space, donate the equipment (including other types of sporting equipment – yes, we’ll even take bikes!) and make a great contribution to the community. We filled the backs of moving trucks with hockey equipment, tennis racquets, soccer gear, baseball bats/gloves/helmets, ski equipment and bikes!
BMHA families are encouraged to donate and drop off their sporting goods:
- August 17th (Saturday) & 18th (Sunday), 2019 from 10am to 2pm
- Canlan 8-Rinks – front parking lot – look for the 12-tonne truck!!!
- All types of sporting equipment will be accepted (except for skis older than 10 years)
- If you can’t make those dates, you can also drop off equipment from August 28 – Sept. 6 at Port Coquitlam Rec Centre, Port Moody Rec Centre or Poirier Sport and Leisure Complex
Kidsport will then offer the equipment at the Used Sporting Goods Sale held on: (see Sponsor Offers for more details)
- Saturday, September 7th – 10am to 1pm
- Poirier Forum -618 Poirier Street, Coquitlam – across the street from the Arena & Pool
- Admission is by donation or item(s) for the SHARE Food Bank
The event is open to everyone, including Burnaby families! The sale offers a huge variety of High Quality used sporting goods at incredible prices. Everything from bikes and hockey gear to fitness equipment and wetsuits and everything in between. You can outfit a child for hockey (including skates and a helmet) for $100, lacrosse (including a stick and helmet) for $90. Plus, there’s no tax. All proceeds go to subsidize registration fees for kids from lower income families. More than 2,000 people attended last year!
Come out and help fill the truck!