Each year, BMHA asks for nominations of outstanding individuals who have helped make the season great.
Players & Goaltenders Awards
For our players, we recognize deserving individuals through our “Player and Goaltender Awards” at both the “Rep” and “C/ House” levels. These awards are presented each year at a special ceremony after conclusion of the season. Please see the BMHA Annual Awards Information 2021-22 and BMHA Award Nomination Form 2021-22 for more information. Please be clear which award you are nominating for. You can nominate an individual in more than on category, but must submit a separate form for each award. Our awards are:
General Player Awards
- Gary Boyle Memorial Award – Sportsmanship, Character & Hockey Ability
- Most Valuable Female Player
- Alfred Balfry Memorial Award – Grade 12 Student – Team Play, Sportsmanship & Hockey Ability – Bursary of $1000
- Most Valuable Rep Goaltender
- Jack Gilroy Award – Outstanding Goaltender – U11 (Atom) C/House
- Most Valuable Female Goaltender
- Terry MacLean Memorial Award – Most Valuable C/House Goaltender
Coaches, Managers & Volunteers Awards
For our coaches, managers and volunteers, we recognize deserving people through our “Association Awards” in the categories of Service, Rep Coach, House Coach, Female Team Coach, Team Manager, Safety & our special “COVID” Volunteer award. These awards are presented at a special ceremony following the conclusion of our season. Please be clear which award you are nominating for and feel free to nominate in more than one category. Our five awards are:
- Don Boyd Memorial Award – Service to the Association
- Rep Coach of the Year
- House Coach of the Year
- Female Team Coach of the Year
- Tony Marzitelli Memorial Award – Outstanding Team Manager
- Safety Award – Outstanding HCSP volunteers
- COVID Volunteer Award – outstanding volunteers who help ensure protocols were implemented
How to Nominate Someone
Your input would be much appreciated in helping us select these awards. To nominate a player or goaltender, please use the nomination forms mentioned above. For nominations of our coaches, managers and others, please provide a clear and detailed note outlining why you think an individual is deserving to be recognized this season.
All award nomination material should be submitted by March 20, 2022 via email to email@example.com with “BMHA AWARDS” in the subject line or mailed to “Awards Committee” at PO Box 44106, Burnaby, BC, V5B 1S2.