Each year, BMHA asks for nominations of outstanding individuals who have helped make the season great.
Players & Goaltenders Awards
For our players, we recognize deserving individuals through our “Player and Goaltender Awards” at both the “Rep” and “C/ House” levels. These awards are presented each year at our Annual General Meeting. Please see the Awards Nomination Process and Player & Goaltender Award Nomination Form for more information. Please be clear which award you are nominating for. You can nominate an individual in more than on category, but must submit a separate form for each award. Our awards are:
General Player Awards
- Gary Boyle Memorial Award – Sportsmanship, Character & Hockey Ability
- Most Valuable Female Player
- Alfred Balfry Memorial Award – Grade 12 Student – Team Play, Sportsmanship & Hockey Ability – Bursary of $1000
- Most Valuable Rep Goaltender
- Jack Gilroy Award – Outstanding Goaltender – Atom House
- Most Valuable Female Goaltender
- Terry MacLean Memorial Award – Most Valuable House Goaltender
Coaches & Managers Awards
For our coaches, managers and volunteers, we recognize deserving people through our “Association Awards” in the categories of Service, Rep Coach, House Coach, Female Team Coach and Team Manager. These awards are presented each year at our exciting “Volunteer Recognition & Awards Banquet”. Please be clear which award you are nominating for and feel free to nominate in more than one category. Our five awards are:
- Don Boyd Memorial Award – Service to the Association
- Rep Coach of the Year
- House Coach of the Year
- Female Team Coach of the Year
- Tony Marzitelli Memorial Award – Outstanding Team Manager
How to Nominate Someone
Your input would be much appreciated in helping us select these awards. To nominate a player or goaltender, please use the nomination forms mentioned above. For nominations of our coaches, managers and others, please provide a clear and detailed note outlining why you think an individual is deserving to be recognized this season.
All award nomination material should be submitted by March 8, 2020 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “BMHA AWARDS” in the subject line or mailed to “Awards Committee” at PO Box 44106, Burnaby, BC, V5B 1S2.