COVID-19 & RETURN TO PLAY UPDATES
On behalf of the BMHA Executive, we would like to thank you all for your patience and support while we work diligently behind the scenes to prepare a safe plan to return to hockey. There are a lot of moving parts that need to come together to make this happen. The safety of all our participants and their families is our top priority and key to the planning and carrying out the 2020 season plan. These decisions involve coordination from Hockey Canada, BC Hockey, Viasport, PCAHA, and the City of Burnaby.
BMHA is working with the City of Burnaby and will follow all requirements of the related Regulatory Authorities. The timing and shape of the season will be formed accordingly.
Thank you for all your support during this time!
RETURN TO PLAY PLANS
We are pleased to share with our members Burnaby Minor Hockey Association's Return to Hockey Plan. BMHA's Return to Hockey Plan is a living document and will be revised as required. The protocols and procedures described in this plan will help reduce risk and permit our children to play the game they love - we need your full cooperation with this plan to help make this happen.
Below you will find links to BMHA's Return to Hockey Plan, as well to information from Hockey Canada, ViaSport, BC Hockey and PCAHA. Please check back for the latest updates.
BMHA PROTOCOLS & DOCUMENTS
- COVID-19 Volunteer Duties
- BMHA Return to Play Townhall - September 3, 2020
- Non-BMHA Hockey Activity Form - click here
- Goalie Gear Cleaning Instructions (as of Oct 7) - click here
- BC Hockey "Points of Focus" Regarding Officiating - click here
- Public Health Actions in Response to Confirmed Case of COVID-19 in a Hockey Related Event - click here
- Ice Sessions - What to Expect
- These have been replaced by the "Ice Times - What to Expect" documents listed below
- Ice Times - What to Expect
BMHA HEALTH CHECK QUESTIONNAIRE - Click here
BMHA COVID-19 RELATED NEWS UPDATES
- PHASE 2 EXTENDED - January 8, 2021
- RETURN TO PHASE 2 & CANCELLATION OF GAMES - December 3, 2020
- EFFECTIVELY IMMEDIATELY – RETURN TO PHASE 2 - December 2, 2020
- RETURN TO “RESTRICTED PHASE 3” - November 24, 2020
- REMAIN IN PHASE 2 FOR NOW - November 22, 2020
- EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY – RETURN TO PHASE 2 - November 7, 2020
- UPDATED RTP & COVID POLICIES – NOV.2 - November 2, 2020
- GAME TIMES – WHAT TO EXPECT & UPDATED RTP - October 11, 2020
- OFFICIATING – RULES FOR 2020 SEASON - October 9, 2020
- SEASON STARTS! - September 7, 2020
- BMHA RTP TOWNHALL – Sept. 3, 8pm - August 30, 2020
- BMHA RETURN TO PLAY UPDATE – Aug. 29 - August 30, 2020
- RETURN TO HOCKEY E-LEARNING ONLINE SAFETY COURSE - August 27, 2020
- SEASON START UPDATE - August 23, 2020
- BMHA – RETURN TO HOCKEY PLAN - August 14, 2020
- HOCKEY CANADA STATEMENT ON RETURN TO HOCKEY - June 4, 2020
- MESSAGE FROM EXECUTIVE - May 19, 2020
- HOCKEY CANADA PLANNING A RETURN TO HOCKEY - May 14, 2020
- UPDATE FROM BMHA – March 29, 2020
- COVID19 – IMPORTANT UPDATE (Updated Mar16) - March 16, 2020