JUNIOR MENTOR PROGRAM
BMHA has established the Junior Mentor Program, where our older divisions’ players have the opportunity to be mentored as an assistant coach with the goal of developing them into a future coach, and providing BMHA’s older players the opportunity to mentor the younger players.
Who Can Apply?
BMHA’s Midget & 2nd Year Bantam players, both skaters & goalies, can meet their secondary school community service obligation, while being able to “give something back” to their hockey community.
- Offer on-ice assistance to coaches and players – Initiation Minor (formerly H1) to PeeWee C
- Develop your leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- Gain valuable volunteer hours for your resume
- Be role model – share your passion for hockey while giving back to BMHA
All successful clinic applicants will be required to:
- Commit to a weekly schedule (1-2 sessions per week), the program will work around players’ schedules
- Log volunteer sessions
- Represent yourself with maturity & responsibility
- Work together with your host coach and the Junior Mentor Coordinator – Peter Chau
- Have fun!